Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 medium (about 2 pound) young cassava root.
- Peel the cassava with a sharp paring knife or vegetable peeler.
- Finely grate the cassava. Place the cassava into a bowl lined with a double-thickness of dampened cheese cloth.
- Bring the ends of the Cheese cloth together to enclose the pulp, and wring the cloth vigorously to extract the cassava juice into the bowl.
- Transfer the juice to a heavy skillet. Stirring constantly, cook over moderate heat for about 1 minute, until the cassareep is smooth and thick enough to hold its shape almost solidly in the spoon.