This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cabrera Estate in Malakoff, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups fresh raw spinach
- 3 cups fresh leaf lettuce
- ½ cup coarsely chopped cashews
- Combine sugar, vinegar, mustard, garlic, celery seed, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Whisk until combined.
- Toss greens in the dressing and place on individual serving plates.
- Sprinkle with the cashews and serve immediately.