Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Quick, comforting, creamy and satisfying.
- 200 g casarecce pasta
- 300 g cooked chicken
- 3 fresh sage leaves
- 1 small lemon
- ½ chicken stock cube
- 250 ml boiling water
- large knob of butter
- 1 tsp flour
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions in plenty of boiling, salted water.
- The cooking time will neatly coincide with preparing the sauce.
- Tear the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop the sage.
- Remove the zest from half the lemon and chop finely.
- Dissolve the stock cube in the boiling water and stir in 1 tbsp lemon juice, the zest and sage.
- Melt the butter in a medium pan, stir in the flour to make a smooth paste.
- Gradually add the stock, stirring constantly to make a thick, creamy sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stir in the crème fraîche, taste, season with salt and pepper and add the chicken.
- Stir the sauce into the drained pasta and serve with a lemon wedge and a little chopped parsley or chives.