Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A very superior fruit salad from Scotland, to be made at the height of summer with all the most delicate of bush and tree fruits, together with a few old faithfuls, such as bananas. Fruit liqueur, rum, or sherry may be added.
- 2 fresh peaches
- 2 fresh apricots
- 1 orange
- 2 bananas
- 110 g (4 oz) raspberries
- 110 g (4 oz) red currants
- 110 g (4 oz) cherries
- Put the sugar, water and wine in a small saucepan, bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then pour this syrup into a nice bowl and stir in the lemon juice and sherry.
- Dip the peaches and apricots very briefly in boiling water and then skin them carefully.
- Slice them and put them immediately into the syrup.
- Pare the skin and pith from the orange with a sharp knife and cut it into slices, catching the juice on a plate.
- Put the orange slices and juice into the salad. Slice the bananas and add them too.
- Lastly put in the raspberries, redcurrants stripped of their stalks and cherries, halved and stoned.
- Spoon some of the liquid over the fruit and chill thoroughly before serving with or without whipped cream.