- 1 lb / 500 g carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon flour
- Clean and wash the carrots, then either julienne or cube them and set to boil with the butter, salt, sugar and 2 – 3 tablespoons of water.
- Let simmer, covered, occasionally adding 2 – 3 tablespoons of water as the liquid evaporates.
- When the carrots are tender, add the sour cream mixed with a teaspoon of flour.
- Let come to another boil or two. Serve with Cream of Wheat Croquettes.