Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the McGowan Estate in Sherman, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds carrots
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger mashed through a garlic press
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- sprigs of fresh cilantro for garnish
- Peel and trim carrots and cut into matchsticks.
- Bring water to a boil in a vegetable steamer then add carrots.
- Cover and steam for 7 minutes.
- Remove from steamer and immediately run under cold water to sop further cooking.
- Drain and dry thoroughly on paper towels then set aside.
- In a medium salad bowl combine vinegar, lemon juice, ginger, sugar and mustard then whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add olive oil in a slow steady stream whisking constantly until vinaigrette is well blended and creamy.
- Add cilantro then season with salt and pepper.
- Add carrots and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving, bring the salad back to room temperature.
- Garnish with cilantro.