Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- ½ cup (1 stick) soy margarine
- 3½ pounds peeled baby carrots or regular carrots, peeled, cut into 2 inch pieces, halved lengthwise
- 6 tbsp sugar
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- Melt soy margarine in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add carrots and saute 5 minutes.
- Cover and cook until carrots are tender-crisp, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and vinegar.
- Cook uncovered until carrots are tender and glazed, stirring frequently, about 12 minutes longer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add chives and toss to blend.