Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- Lowfat cooking spray
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chicken-flavored bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons raisins, chopped
- Wash the Quinoa thoroughly to remove its bitter coating, drain and set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms and green onions in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Bring 2 3/4 cups water, bouillon cubes, lemon rind and thyme to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add quinoa and carrot.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Stir in raisins and mushroom mixture.
- Carrot and Raisin Quinoa from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle and King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource