- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- Lowfat cooking spray
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chicken-flavored bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons raisins, chopped
- Wash the Quinoa thoroughly to remove its bitter coating, drain and set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms and green onions in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Bring 2 3/4 cups water, bouillon cubes, lemon rind and thyme to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add quinoa and carrot.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Stir in raisins and mushroom mixture.
- Carrot and Raisin Quinoa from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle and King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.