Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2½ lbs butternut squash
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 12 oz green peas
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 eggs, beaten frothy
- pinch salt
- 3-5 Tbsp cinnamon sugar (cinnamon sugar is a mixture of sugar and powdered cinnamon.)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Boil squash and carrot together until the carrot is tender. Allow both to cool.
- Slide skin off carrot. Being careful with Squash, remove its seeds and peel.
- Blend carrots and squash together. Don't overblend: preserve some texture.
- Add cinnamon sugar and salt to taste. Add frothy eggs to carrot/squash mixture.
- Grease an 8-inch loaf pan. Coat the grease with oatmeal. Mix ½ cup oatmeal into casserole.
- Gently fold in green peas, then put mixture in casserole pan.
- Sprinkle remaining oatmeal on top and dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 °F for 30 to 40 minutes until brown on top.
- Once cooked, it can be served immediately or frozen for later consumption.