Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gibson Estate in Quinlan, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 4 carrots grated
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup raisins
- In 5 quart soup pot heat the oil then stir in carrots and onion and sauté until tender then add remaining ingredients, increase heat and cover.
- When mixture reaches a boil reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 5 minutes.