Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I obtained this recipe from an estate sale when I purchased the family collection from the Monsey Estate in Crandall, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1½ pounds thin carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons long-grain rice
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- ¼ cup freshly toasted cashews coarsely chopped
- In a 10-inch skillet melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the sauté to a soup pot with stock, honey, carrots, tomato paste and rice.
- Bring to a boil then turn down the heat to medium low and let simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a food processor and puree with the orange zest, juice, cream, salt and pepper.
- Serve very hot in cups garnished with a sprinkle of the toasted cashews.