Purchased from the Van Meter Estate in Quinlan, Texas
I purchased these collection in 1992. Notation on card says 1922.
- 10 cups grated carrots
- 10 cups Sugar
- 6 oranges
- 4 lemons
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Wash and peel thin the orange and lemon rind being careful not to get the inner white membrane of the rind.
- Put through the food chopper.
- Remove thin white membrane from orange sections and slice into small pieces.
- Squeeze the lemons and add the juice to the mixture and allow it all to stand over night.
- The next day, add spices and cook 2 hours.
- Put in jars and seal.