Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Van Meter Estate in Quinlan, Texas
I purchased these collection in 1992. Notation on card says 1922.
- 10 cups grated carrots
- 10 cups Sugar
- 6 oranges
- 4 lemons
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Wash and peel thin the orange and lemon rind being careful not to get the inner white membrane of the rind.
- Put through the food chopper.
- Remove thin white membrane from orange sections and slice into small pieces.
- Squeeze the lemons and add the juice to the mixture and allow it all to stand over night.
- The next day, add spices and cook 2 hours.
- Put in jars and seal.