Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Neeley Estate in Waxahachie, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pound carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 medium banana peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat butter in a large non reactive pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, turmeric, cardamom, curry powder, cloves and cayenne and sauté until fragrant about 30 seconds.
- Add carrots and sauté until lightly colored.
- Stir in the banana and raisins.
- Add water, salt and pepper then bring to a boil and cover.
- Reduce heat to low simmer for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and increase the heat to medium and cook shaking frequently until most of the liquid is evaporated and the carrots and raisins are glazed.
- Garnish with parsley.