- 2 cups all-purpose flour,
- 1 tsp baking powder,
- 1tsp baking soda,
- 1tsp salt,
- 1tsp ground cinnamon,
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg,
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar,
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil (don't use corn oil),
- 3 eggs,
- 1tsp vanilla extract,
- 1 3/4 cups shredded carrots,
- 1 cup chopped nuts.
- Optional: 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple undrained and/ or 1 cup NESTLE TOLL HOUSE semi-sweet chocolate Mini Morsels.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in small bowl.
- In large mixer bowl, beat Sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in carrots, pineapple with juice, 1 cup nuts and mini morsels.
- Pour into cake pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.