- Serves: 4-6
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 250 gms carrots, cut into thin round circles
- 50 gms maida (all-purpose flour)
- 50 gms besan (gram flour)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup curd (yogurt)
- 4-6 green chilies, slit lengthwise
- Few sprigs of curry leaves
- oil for frying
- A pinch of orange color
- Mix maida, besan, ginger-garlic paste, salt chili powder, curd, orange color in a bowl along with water and make a fine pakoda batter.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan, dip the carrot circles in the batter and fry in oil until golden brown.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in another pan and fry the green chilies and curry leaves for a while. Also add fried carrot circles and fry for 5 more minutes. Remove and serve hot.