Makes 6 servings.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 1/4 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- Chopped parsley or mint for garnish
- Cook carrots and Onion in margarine in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until Onion is tender.
- Add 2 cups broth, tarragon and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine vegetables and broth in food processor or blender; process until smooth.
- Return to saucepan.
- Add remaining 2 cups broth and rice; thoroughly heat.
- Dollop sour cream on each serving of soup.
- Garnish with parsley.