Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Source: Amanda Cushman, Vegetarian Times, July 1994
- Preparation time: 30:0
- 2 tbsp unsalted margarine
- 3 tbsp unbleached white flour
- 1½ cup skim milk, scalded
- 1 lbs carrots, peeled, cut ½-inch thick
- 1½ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- few cilantro sprigs
- 6 tbsp peanuts, dry-roasted, unsalted — roughly chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over medium heat; add flour and whisk 1 minute.
- Add milk and whisk until well blended.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- In small sauce pan over medium heat, cook carrots in broth until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Strain reserving broth.
- Puree carrots in food processor or blender using small amounts of reserved broth as necessary.
- Add cilantro and 3 tablespoons peanuts; puree again.
- Transfer pureed mixture into milk mixture.
- Add remaining broth, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with remaining peanuts and cilantro.