Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced + 2 whole garlic cloves
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1½ teaspoons dried dill
- 12 slices thinly-sliced baguette
- 1 cup plain soy milk
- Process carrots in food processor until finely chopped.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and minced garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, 5 minutes.
- Add chopped carrots and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth, apple juice and dill. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until carrots are tender, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile make croutons: in heavy medium skillet, heat remaining oil.
- In batches, cook baguette slices until toasted, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove croutons from skillet and rub each slice with whole garlic.
- Season soup to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in soy milk.
- In a blender or food processor, purée soup, in batches if necessary, until smooth.
- Serve with croutons.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 231 | Fat 4 g | Carbs 32 g | Sodium 289 Mg | Fiber 5 g