Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The fish can be served on top of the vegetables along with rice pilaf and garnished with parsley. Salmon or chicken breast can be used in place of red snapper.
- Carribean Red Snapper from the National Diabetes Education Program Recipe and Meal Planner Guide, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: About 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- ½ cup carrots, cut in strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¾ lb red snapper fillet
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese or low-fat ricotta cheese
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, red pepper, carrot, and garlic; sauté 10 minutes.
- Add wine and bring to boil. Push vegetables to one side of the pan.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer in center of skillet. Cover; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and olives. Top with cheese. Cover; cook 3 minutes, or until fish is firm but moist.
- Transfer fish to serving platter; garnish with vegetables and pan juices.