Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Almond biscotti. I recently tried this biscotti recipe and told myself that I must share it! This is from my favorite magazine, Saveur. ENJOY!!!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon ground aniseed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- ½ lemon, zest of
- 1¼ cups toasted almonds
- First, preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Secondly, take a baking sheet, and line it with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Then, take a small bowl and beat 1 egg in it, and set it aside.
- Next fit your standing mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Place your sugar, flour, anise, cinnamon, yeast, and zest into a standing mixing bowl, and mix well with the paddle.
- Beat in the remaining 2 eggs one at a time, on high speed, mixing well after each addition.
- Remove the bowl from mixer and fold in your almonds.
- Then you will turn your dough out onto a well floured surface and divide it in half.
- Lightly flour your hands to prevent sticking and then shape the dough into 2 slightly flattened cylinders about 3 inches wide by 14 inches long.
- Be sure to brush off excess flour from the dough with a dry pastry brush.
- Then carefully transfer the dough cylinders to prepared sheet pan, placing them approximately 4 inches apart.
- Brush the dough cylinders with the beaten egg you have set aside at the beginning of the process.
- Bake for 30 minutes, misting the dough and oven with water from a spray bottle every 10 minutes or so until crust is shiny and dark brown (not burnt) in color.
- Remove from the oven when done, and allow them to cool slightly.
- Slice on the bias into ½ inch thick cookies and transfer the biscotti to a wire rack to allow them to cool completely.
- Biscotti can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.