In Romanian: Plachie de crap
- 2 lbs / 1 kg carp
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 5 – 6 big onions
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 – 3 peppercorns
- 2 – 3 juniper berries
- 1 cup wine
- a few lemon slices
- Clean and wash the fish, cut into pieces, salt and let sit for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Then dry each piece with a clean cloth, dredge with flour and fry in hot oil on both sides.
- Fry the chopped onion in the oil that remained from the frying.
- When the onion starts to turn yellow, add the tomato sauce, wine, salt, pepper, juniper berries, lemon slices and pieces.
- Place in the oven at low temperature and let it bake until the liquid is reduced.
- You may serve it warm or cold.