Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fried club steak fillet with onions
- 2 lbs of club steak
- 6 onions peeled and sliced thinly
- 6 to 8 tablespoons of adobo seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon of oregano
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of vinegar
- ¼ cup 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ cup of beef broth or white cooking wine (dry)
- 1 teaspoon of salt ( optional because you should have enough salt in the adobo mixture)
- Wash meat under cold running water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Separate steaks and place on a chopping board between two pieces of wax paper.
- Beat the steaks with a mallet or the side of a rolling pin to flatten and tenderize.
- When they have been tenderized rub them on all sides with adobo and then place in a large bowl or deep dish.
- Once you have seasoned all the steaks add vinegar, oregano, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and combine thoroughly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator at least 4 hours or over night so that the meat will absorb the seasoning.
- Place frying pan on high heat and add ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Place steaks in pan and brown on both sides (cook according to your taste rare, medium or well).
- Place the cooked stakes in a warm oven until you have completed with all the stakes.
- Remove all oil from pan and set aside.
- De glaze pan with beef broth or wine scraping pan to pick up the beef drippings and reduce by half.
- Remove and save.
- Wash pan in hot water only do not use soap just a hard brush or a soap less pad and rinse.
- Place pan back on the range and add about 4 to 5 tablespoons of the oil you set aside.
- Raise burner to medium heat and add onions sauté but do not over cook, done add the liquid you set aside from de glazing the pan and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour this mixture over your steaks.
- This goes well with any white rice and beans dish or in a sandwich and a salad on the side.
- Try it with French fries or tostones.