- 2 1/2 lbs lean flank Steak, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Place all ingredients in a plastic zipper bag and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, if using your oven to dry, cover your oven racks with foil and preheat oven to 180 degrees F.
- Transfer drained meat to baking racks and dry for approximately 6 hours;
- Place a couple of potholders in the oven door to keep it slightly ajar so moisture can escape and the meat can dry more thoroughly.