Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Puerto Rican beef stew
- 1½ – 2 lbs of beef for stew
- ¼ cup of flour for dredging
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of oregano
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of "adobo"
- 4 – 5 tablespoons of "sofrito"
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 x 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 x 12 ounce can of beef or chicken broth
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 – 3 potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 carrot sliced into rings (optional)
- 1 – 2 bay leaves
- Season stew beef with adobo.
- Lightly dredge stew meat in flour.
- Heat oil in a large pot and brown meat.
- Once the meat is nice and brown lower the flame add sofrito and continue cooking for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste making sure to scrape the bottom of the pot.
- Add the tomato sauce, beef/chicken broth and red wine.
- Add oregano bring up the heat to simmer.
- This would be a good time to taste for seasoning if you feel it needs more add salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue simmering for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrots and cook until fork tender the beef should be tender by this time.
- Remove bay leaf from pot and discard.
- You can serve this with white rice, egg noodles or Italian bread enjoy.