- Place meat in a large saucepan together with the bay leaves, cover with water or stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until very tender.
- Remove the beef from the pan and when cool enough to handle, shred into pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes, salt, vinegar, adobo and shredded meat, mix well and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.