Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 2 cups red chile purée or 12 tablespoons chile powder
- 3 pounds fresh, lean pork
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- Cut pork into strips.
- Mix other ingredients, add to pork strips, and let stand in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Cut meat into cubes and brown in small amounts of oil.
- Add chile sauce and simmer one hour or more.
- To serve, add more fresh chile sauce and cook until tender.