Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Yields 6 servings (3 ounces each)
- 5 roasted chile pods
- 1½ cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ pounds lean pork steaks
- Toast the chiles in an oven at 200°F for 5 to 10 minutes. Stir frequently so they do not burn. Remove the seeds and stems.
- Put the chiles and water into a medium pan. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put the chiles with some of the cooking water into a blender. Puree and then strain. Discard the peels and seeds.
- Add the remaining cooking water to strained chile along with garlic, oregano and salt.
- Place pork steaks either whole or cut into chunks in glass baking dish. Top with the chile. Cover and refrigerate for 8-24 hours.
- Roast in 350°F oven for 40-60 minutes or pan fry in nonstick skillet on top of the stove. (check if done by using a digital instant read thermometer. Temperature should be at least 160°F).
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 180 | Calories from Fat 80 | Total Fat 9 g | Cholesterol 65 mg | Sodium 170 mg | Carbohydrate 3 g | Dietary Fiber 0 g | Protein 20 g
- Exchanges: 3 lean meat | 1 vegetable
- Carbohydrate Units: 0