Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Colvin Estate in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1989. Notation on card indicates this is a weekly meal in the Colvin House. Dated 1964.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 diced bell pepper
- Place stew meat, water, salt and pepper in crackpot.
- Turn heat to high and let simmer for 1½ hours.
- Drain juice from tomatoes into measuring cup.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and onions to crackpot.
- Stir and let simmer on high for 30 minutes.
- Add cumin, oregano, and chili powder.
- To crock-pot and stir.
- Blend juice and enough water to equal 1½ cups liquid and flour stir into meat and veggie mixture.
- Let cook on low for 3-4 hours until sauce is nice and thick (if you like runnier gravy three hours is good).