Purchased from the Colvin Estate in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1989. Notation on card indicates this is a weekly meal in the Colvin House. Dated 1964.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 diced bell pepper
- Place stew meat, water, salt and pepper in crackpot.
- Turn heat to high and let simmer for 1½ hours.
- Drain juice from tomatoes into measuring cup.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and onions to crackpot.
- Stir and let simmer on high for 30 minutes.
- Add cumin, oregano, and chili powder.
- To crock-pot and stir.
- Blend juice and enough water to equal 1½ cups liquid and flour stir into meat and veggie mixture.
- Let cook on low for 3-4 hours until sauce is nice and thick (if you like runnier gravy three hours is good).