Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Carmelized Onion and Green Olive Tapenade from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle and King County Department of Public Health -- original source of recipe, in the public domain
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cups pitted green olives
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 7–8 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in thyme and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add wine and vinegar, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 7 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Place onion mixture in a food processor then add the olives and black pepper. Process until smooth.