- 1 lb ground meat (iguana, gatosolo, vaca, puerco.....)
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3 or 4 capers
- Boil yuca with salt but do not allow to get too soft.
- Grind with fine blade in grinder and knead with salt.
- Form balls, flatten in the palm of the hand and fill with stuffing forming into an oval shape.
- Pinch to close ends.
- Fry in very hot oil until golden.
- To make filling: season ground meat with salt, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, capers, onion, sugar, garlic and parsley.
- Brown in very small amount of hot oil and add tomato paste.
- Simmer until quite dry.
- If you want to freeze the carimoñolas, dust with a little flour after they are formed and place on a cookie sheet in the freezer until firm and then place in sealed ziplock bags.
- To fry, take from freezer to hot oil at one time as they may fall apart.
- Do one or two at a time only.