Makes 4 servings.
- 3/4 pound boneless lean Pork tenderloin, cut into strips
- salt, ground ginger and ground cloves to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup diced green peppers
- 1 tablespoon firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked U.S. arborio or medium grain rice
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 3 cups water
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple tidbits in juice (undrained)
- Season Pork with salt, ginger and cloves.
- Cook Pork in oil in large non-stick skillet over high heat.
- Add peppers, Sugar and garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Remove Pork mixture; set aside.
- Cook Onion in butter until soft.
- Add rice and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add rum; stir until absorbed.
- Decrease heat to medium high; stir in 1 cup broth.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until broth is absorbed.
- Continue stirring and adding remaining 1 cup broth and water, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another, until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency. It will take approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in pineapple and reserved Pork mixture; serve immediately.