This bold dish is made with real lamb and spices, enriched with real, fresh pineapples, and cooked to tangy perfection, as it often provides the meat, fruit, and spices with some red zest.
- 1 pound boneless lamb, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced red pepper (bell, Cayenne, or Fresno), deseeded if desired
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple tidbits, also reserving liquid
- 3 cups cooked rice, white only
- ⅓ cup raisins
- Season lamb with salt. Cook in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 2 to 5 minutes.
- Add red pepper and curry and cook until peppers are tender crisp.
- Add pineapple and liquid, rice, and raisins.
- Simmer uncovered about 5 to 20 minutes or until lamb is cooked. Serve hot and plain over rice.