- 8 Snapper or Grouper fillets
- egg wash - as needed
- 2 Cups cornmeal
- 1 Cup Shredded unsweetened coconut
- salt and freshly ground pepper - to taste
- vegetable oil - as needed
- 8 Sandwich rolls*
- 1 California avocado
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- Grilled Pineapple-avocado Salsa
- *16 slices of crusty bread may be substituted
- Dip fillets in egg wash.
- Combine cornmeal, coconut, salt and pepper on tray; coat fillets with mixture on both sides.
- Heat 1/2-inch oil in large skillet. Add and fry until golden and crisp.
- PER ORDER:
- Mash avocado with lime juice and Mayonnaise until smooth.
- Lightly toast rolls or bread and spread avocado mixture on bottom half.
- Top with a fillet and Avocado-pineapple Salsa; cover with tops of rolls or another bread slice.