Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1½ tablespoons kosher salt, plus additional for seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 heaping teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs (about 2½ pounds)
- 3½ cups water
- 1 scotch bonnet chile, pierced (if you like it really hot, mince it)
- 8 ounces fresh okra, trimmed, halved crosswise
- 3 thick sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), each cut into 4 rounds with skin on
- 1 bunch collard greens (about 1 pound), stems removed, chopped
- Heat a 7-liter pressure cooker over medium heat.
- Stir in the oil, onion, bay leaves, 1½ tablespoons salt, the allspice, and thyme; cook, uncovered, until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, stir in the tomato paste, and cook, stirring and scraping, until it turns brick red, about 2 minutes.
- Season the chicken with some salt and black pepper, to taste, and add it to the pot, turning to coat with the tomato and onion.
- Stir in the water, then add the chile, okra, potatoes, and collard greens in that order.
- You don't need to stir — the collards will cook down and keep everything moist as the cooker comes up to pressure.
- Close the pressure cooker lid and bring the pressure up to high (which can take up to 10 minutes), then reduce the heat, if necessary, to maintain an even pressure for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and press the pressure indicator stem until no more steam comes out.
- Carefully open the pot.
- Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Ladle the stew into bowls and serve.