Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp. dried
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 4 1/2 cups drained, cooked black beans
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- mango Salsa
- This sauce is at once sweet, sour, spicy and pungent.
- 2 medium-sized ripe mangoes
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 to 1 small fresh chile, minced, orhot pepper sauce to taste
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh coriander, optional
1. Sauté onions and garlic in oil for about 5 minutes, until onions begin to soften. Add ginger, thyme and allspice, and sauté, stirring often to prevent sticking, until onions are very soft, for about 5 minutes. 2. Stir in beans and orange juice, and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens slightly. Use heat diffuser or double boiler, if necessary, to prevent scorching. Mash a few beans with back of spoon for thicker consistency. Add salt and pepper, and serve with salsa.
2. Let salsa sit for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend before topping beans.