Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
- Original recipe
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon annatto seeds
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 can (14 ounces) reduced-sodium whole tomatoes, undrained, cut up
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 pound flounder fillets, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat; add annatto seeds and saute for 3 minutes.
- Remove seeds with slotted spoon and discard.
- Add onion to saucepan; saute 2 minutes.
- Add broth, potato, tomatoes and liquid, and thyme.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potato is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Using potato masher or kitchen fork, coarsely mash mixture in pan.
- Add peas and flounder; simmer until fish is tender and flakes with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 240 | Protein: 28.5 g | Sodium: 227 mg | Cholesterol: 60 mg | Fat: 4.2 g | Carbohydrates: 21.4 g
- Exchanges: 1 bread/starch | 3 meat