Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 green peppers chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- pound of cubed stew beef
- 6 cobs corn cut in one-inch slices, or 1 17-ounce can of corn, drained
- ½ pound of pumpkin or butternut squash, cubed (do not use canned)
- ½ pound of white potatoes (1-2 medium) peeled and chopped
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- beef or vegetable stock
- Heat in large saucepan: 3 t.
- Brown in oil and discard: 1 large clove of garlic.
- Add to oil and sauté: 1 ½ c.
- onion finely chopped, 2 tomatoes chopped, 2 green peppers chopped.
- Add: salt and pepper to taste, 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped.
- Remove vegetables from saucepan and set aside to be added later.
- Add and brown: 1 pound of cubed stew beef.
- Add 6 cobs corn cut in one-inch slices, or 1 17-ounce can of corn, drained ½ pound of pumpkin or butternut squash, cubed (do not use canned) ½ pound of white potatoes (1-2 medium) peeled and chopped.
- Return sautéed vegetables to saucepan.
- Add: beef or vegetable stock or water to cover and 1 cup uncooked rice (not minute rice).
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Add ore liquid during cooking if necessary.