- 1/2 cup butter or shortening
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- First cream the butter or shortening with the Sugar
- Add beaten egg. Mix and sift the flour, baking powder, and salt, and add alternately with the milk to the first mixture.
- Add caraway seeds.
- Toss on lightly floured board.
- Roll out about one-half inch thick and cut in fancy shapes.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake in moderate oven (380-390 degrees F.) Twelve to fifteen minutes.