Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: crema de zahar ars
- Boil the milk with vanilla at slow heat.
- After the first boil, cover and keep aside.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and the latter dissolves.
- Heat the milk again, add a little salt and pour, a little at a time, into the egg and sugar mixture, constantly stirring, until it is almost cool.
- Take a 3 qt pan and put 3 tablespoons of sugar in it.
- Heat until the sugar melts and becomes yellowish.
- Remove from heat and tilt the pan in such a way, that the melted sugar spreads all over the interior walls of the pan.
- Stir the cream a little and then pour into the pan.
- Cover and set this pan into a larger pan filled with boiling water.
- The boiling water must be ¾ of the height of the pan with the cream.
- Keep on medium heat for 25 – 30 minutes.
- The cream is ready when it comes off the pan walls quite easily.
- Remove from the water and keep in a cool place.
- After it has cooled completely, refrigerate.
- Before serving, take a large round plate and cover the pan with it.
- Then turn the pan upside down.