Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From my Aunt Maggie's collection. She made this for me many times when I was a small child and I still remember the aroma and delightful taste of this recipe. It's at least 60 years old (I'm not but the recipe is…lol), but I'm not sure of the exact date.
- 3 buttered slices of Texas Toast
- 2/3 cups golden raisins
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup white granulated white sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut buttered bread into cubes. Mix raisins with the bread.
- In a separate bowl, stir together milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Place white and brown sugars in the top of a double boiler. Stir to mix.
- Place bread and Raisin mixture on top of Sugar. Pour milk mixture over bread. Cover.
- Place pan over boiling water (which is in the bottom half of the double boiler).
- Cook on stove top for approximately 1 hour or until the mixture is set.
- DO NOT STIR. Turn out of pan onto a dish with sides.
- The sugars form a caramel syrup over the bread pudding. Best if served warm.