Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 4 servings.
- 2 tablespoons seedless raisins
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rum, divided
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon orange peel slices
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons Sugar, divided
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2/3 cup apricot preserves, strained
- Combine rice, orange peel, vanilla bean, salt and milk in 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook, stirring, over medium heat, until thick and creamy, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add cream; cook an additional 2 minutes. Discard vanilla bean and orange peel.
- Stir 2 tablespoons Sugar, raisins and eggs into rice mixture; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1/3 cup Sugar and 1/3 cup water in small saucepan until dissolved; boil, without stirring, until syrup is a deep golden caramel color.
- Remove from heat and pour into 4 greased individual oven-proof molds.
- Pour rice mixture over caramel.
- Place molds in pan half-filled with hot water; cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until custard sets. Combine preserves and 1/4 cup water in small pan; heat gently.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 tablespoon rum. To serve, unmold pudding on plate; spoon sauce around pudding.