Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Tort caramel
- 5 oz / 150 g caramelized sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 5 oz / 150 g confectioner's sugar
- vanilla or ¼ cup rum
- 5 oz / 150 g butter
- Make a dough out of sour cream, butter, vanilla and flour.
- Knead a medium soft dough.
- Let rest for a half hour, then divide into 9 equal parts.
- Roll each part into round sheets the size of the baking pan.
- Bake the sheets one by one, after pricking them with a fork.
- In the meantime, caramelize 5 oz / 150 g sugar in a small pan.
- In another pan, place the milk, 5 oz / 150 g sugar, vanilla (or rum) and the butter.
- Add the caramelized sugar, mix and let come to a boil.
- Spread this mixture on 8 of the sheets.
- Break the 9th sheet into little pieces and sprinkle on the last sheet with cream on it.
- Serve this cake the following day after preparation.