Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is an easy to make recipe that your kids will love.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 12 slices sandwich bread
- 6 eggs; beaten
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Mix and cook sugar, butter and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until mixture thickens.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish.
- Place slices of bread on top of mixture.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, vanilla and salt.
- Pour evenly over bread slices.
- Cover the baking dish and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, bake the syrup-covered bread (without the cover) at 350°F for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve this delicious dessert-snack to 6 kids.