Purchased from the Bivins Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1990. Dated 1972.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 14 ounce package of caramels
- ¼ cup water
- 6 cups bite size crispy rice cereal squares
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Melt caramels with water in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Add cereal and pecans.
- Mix lightly until well coated.
- Spread into greased baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Turn out onto greased wax paper.
- Cool thoroughly and break apart.