Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I got this when I did a search for diabetic chocolate caramel streusel cake. Please tell me if I'm wrong.
This sweet coffee cake is filled with mini chocolate chips and drizzled with melted caramel. It's great for breakfast or dessert. I made this to get rid of a craving for sweets this morning. I'm not sure of the exchanges, but I did the best I could to use light or unsweetened everything I could. It was still good.
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 Servings.
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet or unsweetened chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Land o Lakes butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup Land o Lakes butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Land o Lakes light sour cream
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all streusel ingredients in small bowl; set aside.
- Combine sugar and butter in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add eggs; continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Add all remaining cake ingredients.
- Continue beating until well mixed.
- Spoon half of batter into greased and floured 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Sprinkle half of streusel mixture over batter in pan.
- Spoon remaining batter over streusel; top with remaining streusel.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Run knife along sides of pan to loosen edge.
- Remove side of pan.
- Cool at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, combine caramels and half and half in 1-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels are completely melted (5 to 8 minutes).
- Cool slightly; drizzle warm caramel over cake.
A greased and floured 9-inch square cake pan can be substituted for 9-inch greased and floured spring-form pan.
Nutritional Information Edit
1 Serving: Calories: 560 | Fat: 28g | Cholesterol: 100 mg | Sodium: 380 mg | Carbohydrates: 72g | Dietary Fiber: 1g | Protein: 8g