Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium tart red apples cored and sliced into ½ inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Brush chops lightly with oil and cook for 6 minutes turning occasionally until evenly browned.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add butter to skillet then stir in brown sugar mixture and apples.
- Cover and cook 4 minutes then remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops and keep warm.
- Continue cooking mixture in skillet uncovered until sauce thickens slightly.
- Spoon sauce over apples and chops.
- Sprinkle with pecans.