This robust walnut dessert is made with almond flour and orange essence and enriched and coated with caramel to help maintain its sweet consistency.
- 50 g. almond flour
- 100 g. sugar, brown or white only
- 1 – 2 tablespoons orange essence
- 30 walnut halves
- Mix the almond flour (milled almonds, grind your own in a food processor or blender if you like) with the sugar and enough orange essence to form a paste.
- Place a little of this paste between two walnut halves and press.
- Melt the sugar in a pan with a few drops of water, and when it starts to turn to caramel, remove it from the heat source and dip the nuts inside to coat them with caramel.
- Set them out on grease proof paper to dry. Serve cold and plain or with other desserts. Sell per piece, if desired.