Makes 6 servings.
- 1 12-ounce can beer
- 1 10-ounce package frozen Peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon Chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 1/2 pounds fillets, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Pour beer into large skillet; stir in Peas and carrots, Onion, red pepper, butter, bouillon granules, parsley, seafood seasoning and dill.
- Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add ; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until flakes easily with fork.
- Remove ; keep warm.
- Measure liquid in skillet; add enough water to bring total liquid to 2 cups.
- Stir in rice; bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes (50 to 55 minutes for brown rice) or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork.
- Arrange over rice; garnish with .