A Catfish recipe.
- 8 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- 3 cups water
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- ¾ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- ¼ cup capers
- Wash the catfish fillets and cut into 1-inch, bite-sized pieces.
- Poach gently in water flavored with the onion, lemon, pepper, salt, and bay leaves.
- Cook in 2 or 3 batches to prevent crowding the.
- Lift the from the water and set aside.
- Mix all 9 ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl.
- Gently add the cooked catfish pieces, turning to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.