Fruit of the Month: Melon by the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, original source of recipe
- ½ cantaloupe (large, ripe)
- ¾ cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp scallions, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt and hot pepper flakes
- Remove seeds and rind from cantaloupe. (You should have approximately ½ pound cantaloupe flesh.)
- Chop cantaloupe into very small dice. Put in bowl.
- Add diced red pepper, cilantro, scallions and lime juice. Stir.
- Add pinch of salt and pepper flakes.
- Chill. Serve with grilled chicken, fish or steaks.